Cookery Teachers/Cookery Assistants
Part-time contract, 2-10 hours a week
Kinder Kitchen are key delivers of cooking and healthy eating practical and theoretical classes and workshops throughout the London Boroughs of Barnet, Haringey, Enfield and Barking & Dagenham.
We work predominately in primary and secondary schools, for Local Councils and are building relationships with a growing number of prestigious charities and corporate companies. Our message is simple – to get children and adults of all ages cooking from scratch and eating nutritious food from as early an age as possible. Our ‘common sense’ approach to cookery wins through every time. Our belief that the earlier children learn the pivotal life skill of preparing and cooking fresh food, are taught how to make healthier food choices whilst understanding food provenance enables them to lead healthier and happier lives long-term.
Kitchen Kitchen’s remit is expanding and we are looking for cookery leaders and assistants to join our small team to deliver our increasing number of classes and workshops.
Key skills required:
• Teaching experience working with children and adults from all backgrounds
• Great people skills and enjoy interacting with children of all ages
• Good knowledge and understanding of healthy eating, The Eatwell Plate, Food Hygiene
• Enjoy prepping and cooking recipes
• Very hands-on attitude with a practical approach
• Able to think on ones feet
• Solid presentation skills
• Have own transport
• Hold a current DBS
Ideal: • A selection of your own cooking utensils that can be used in the workshops & sessions
If you are passionate about food, enjoy working and teaching children and adults and want to make a difference then please contact Natasha Walter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the roles available.